Thursday, April 6, 2017

2017-04-07 Trip to High School and Quiet Day

I went to San Beda for morning prayer and mass. I thought it was at 7am. I left home at around 5:30 am and took the LRT. Surprisingly, the LRT was packed at 6am! Packed as in like sardines. I got off the Doroteo Jose station and since I thought the prayers were at 7am, I decided to walk to the Abbey. The streets have changed and have not changed.There were new buildings. The jeepneys are still there.

Chapel of the Abbey of Our Lady of Montserrat
When I arrived, the mass was already at the consecration. I missed the morning prayer. I stayed and thought, I have to go to another church to attend mass that day. Thankfully, there was another mass following the community mass. The mass was very simple, yet profound in its simplicity. There was no music, no homily. Yet, the solemnity of how the priest celebrated it was very profound. I realized these Benedictines really know how to bring out the beauty of the liturgy.


Plaque about St Maximillian Kolbe
I was able to adore the Lord at the Blessed Sacrament after the mass. This was the same place where I adored the Lord years ago and where my appreciation of the Blessed Sacrament was nurtured.

After adoration, I walked around and noticed a plaque that says St Maximilian Kolbe celebrated mass at that chapel on his way from Japan to Poland. WOW!

I walked around the school. The Elementary and High Schools have now moved. The grounds are now used for university level classes. But it is still nostalgic to walk around the grounds where I used to walk. More pictures of the abbey chapel here.

After morning mass, I went to my sister's and went to mama's and stayed until the afternoon. Very quiet time to enjoy with mama.

Traffic coming back was terrible coming home. The Uber had to go through Manila instead of passing through the high way because it was traffic. I love Uber and Waze. How did we commute before without Uber?

No comments:

Post a Comment