Wednesday, April 5, 2017

2017-04-04 Chinese All Soul's Day and Earthquake


On my way to my mom's place, I took Uber. One of the nice things about Uber is I get to chat with the driver. Some are very quiet, just doing their job and would only talk when you ask. Some would chat and tell their story. There's a lot of people who work hard to provide for their families. They do whatever they need to get a decent job to support their loved ones and for these people, I can only admire them.
Garden of the Eternal Word
Chinese day of souls today. We went to my dad's burial place. It is at the grounds of Christ the King Seminary. It was a time for us, family to be together. Our eldest, my older sister, my younger sister, my mama and I were there. It was a great opportunity to be together as a family.
We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Finally, authentic dimsum. After lunch, I went back to my mother's place and rested. I went out to adore the Lord for a while and came back to rest. The weather was cooler and for the first time since I arrived, I was able to sleep without air-conditioning. The temperature was about 29 degrees.
At around 9pm, I got a call from my wife who was in Bataan and she was asking if I felt the earthquake. I was fast asleep so I did not feel it. I just pray there's not a lot of damage done.

No comments:

Post a Comment