Sunday, March 26, 2017

2017-03-23 Victoria to Manila

I got my tickets to Manila and back were courtesy of the frequent flyer miles. The only tickets I paid was from Victoria to Vancouver and back. A regular ticket would allow us to go direct to our gate. But since these are separate tickets, I needed to go out, check in at the Philippine Airline counter and then go through security. This was my biggest concern because I had checked in once from Vancouver and had to wait for close to an hour before I was checked in.

In any case, we decided this hassle is worth it considering the ticket to Manila and back is free.

The trip begins quietly until we were at the airport. The flight was delayed for an hour. We were supposed to leave at around 6:00 but he plane left at around 7:00. When we were on the air, the reason became obvious. The weather in Vancouver would not have allowed us to land the plane. The 20 minute flight turned out to be 50 minutes. We were circling Vancouver because the fog was too thick.

When we landed, we went out to go to the Philippine Airline counter and to our surprise, there was no line up. We found out the they had already processed most of the passengers. Thank God for the delay in the flight and landing. Otherwise, we would just be standing there, waiting.

Landing in Manila: See the Reddish Moon
We checked in, had our dinner and waited. Then the announcement came saying the flight is delayed. Anyway, we left an hour late, but arrived about 20 minutes later than expected.

We boarded the plane and discovered we have a vacant seat in our row. This gave my wife and I an extra seat to stretch out in our 14 hour flight. As we approached Manila, I saw the sun, quite reddish. We landed without any problems.




No comments:

Post a Comment